Android is the talk and the most preferred OS around the world by leading mobile phone manufacturers. Android Market is a place where you get all the apps needed for your android phone. Now, what if you don’t want to install it through market ? we have a solution even for that. This method would be perfect for apps that have newly released and not been updated in the Market.
Steps to Install Applications without Market
- Download the .apk file which is an android app( .apk works exactly like .exe file in windows)
- Move the .apk file to your memory card
To be Done before installing
- Enable Unknown sources:
- Have your phone ready
- Navigate on your phone to Menu -> Settings -> Applications and enable “Unknown Sources”
- Install File Manager:
Android OS does not come with an easy way of navigating through your Memory cards. Certainly you could download any File Manager from market but the most preferred one is Astro File Manager.
- Navigate to your .apk file using the file manager
- Select .apk file
- A dialog box will open and select “Open App Manager”
- Then in the next screen select “Install”
- A caution screen will be displayed , if you trust the app then select “Install” again
That’s it your new app is installed.
You may also want to know how to install android apps from Android Market